Are you not able to boot your macbook?
Is it giving you following error?
“No bootable device found – insert boot disk and press any key”
Follow the steps below and overcome your problem.
- Power on your mac computer
- While its powering on press the option button down
- Upon boot a hard drive button will appear on the screen. Click on it and let the machine start.
Now that you have successfully logged into your computer and everything might seem ok the problem might not be fixed yet. As when you shut down your computer you might experience the same problem again. Here is what you need to do so that you don’t have the same problem again.
- Go to Applications
- System Preferences
- Now click on System Preferences
- Upon clicking System Preferences, Click on “Startup Disk” under System, following screen will pop up
- You will notice that Mac OS is grey’d out.
- Click on the lock to make changes.
- Upon providing the password, select Mac OS X. and Click on Restart your computer.
- This time your mac should boot without any problem.
- Make sure to go back to same screen and click on lock, so that another application does not change the boot options.
No related posts.