What is Earth Day?
Earth Day was first assumed on April 22, 1970 in San Francisco California. This day was assumed to increase environment awareness in people. It is also referred to as birthday of mother Earth. Though it was originally founded by Senator Gaylord Nelson and was only assumed in United States in the year 1990 it was promoted internationally and has since been assumed each year on 22nd April.
Today organizations and groups across the world organize various activities to increase the environmental awareness amongst people. More awareness is being generated between the young generation and kids.
What can you do to Protect Environment and save Earth?
Some of the things that you can do to save our environment and protect mother Earth are:-
- Stop Littering
- Reduce Pollution
- Encourage Recycling
- Save Water
- Stop using paper/plastic bags and Start using Reusable bags
- Save energy turn off and unplug any unused appliances.
- Do not use plastic containers to heat food in microwave
- Buy hybrid cars
- Limit the use of jarred food
- Use healthy and environmentally friendly cosmetics, such as mineral-based cosmetics and natural bath products.
- Avoid using paraffin candles and select soy or beeswax candles.
- Don’t cut trees.
- Plant more trees
Our awareness towards environment and day to day actions can help protect mother Earth.
No related posts.