Are you pregnant?
To confirm your pregnancy you can do a pregnancy test at home or at your doctors office. Sometimes you can feel some of these pregnancy symptoms even before you have missed your period.
Besides missing your period, you might experience some of the following symptoms of pregnancy:
- Nausea: Most commonly known as morning sickness, can strike at any time of the day or night, sometimes begins as early as three weeks after conception. Nausea can be with or without vomiting. This condition affects about three quarters of pregnant women during the first trimester. The major suspect of the cause of nausea is believed to the the rapid increase in estrogen and progesterone due to pregnancy. Enhanced sense of smell and sensitivity to odors can also contribute to feeling nausea.
- Frequent urination: Due to increased levels of hormones, you might find yourself urinating more often than usual, especially at night.
- Fatigue: The excessive tiredness in early pregnancy is often related to a high level of progesterone in your system. There can be other reasons like lower levels of blood sugar, lower blood pressure, and increased blood production that can contribute to being tired.
- Dizziness: Besides feeling tired you might also experience feeling of dizziness and this is caused due to dilating blood vessels, lower blood pressure, and lower blood sugar.
- Food cravings. The sudden urge for a particular dish. Almost all expectant mothers experience cravings during pregnancy.
No related posts.