Alopecia can be described as spot baldness and it affects both men and women at different ages. The difference between alopecia and the other type of baldness is that it can occur in patches it also has the ability of getting the hair grow back and fall off again or growing back permanently. It is not a life threatening condition but it can however dent one’s self esteem and confidence due to having hair in patches. For those people who like a positive image then this can be really traumatic. We will look into identifying the cause’s symptoms and how one can get treatment for this condition and have their hair back.
Causes of Alopecia or hair loss
- It can be caused by the immune system attacking the hair follicles in reaction to a virus or fungal attack on your body. When the immune tries to fight back it leads to alopecia
- Some hair treatments and relaxers can also trigger alopecia in several patients
- Hereditary disorders can cause Alopecia if your parents had the disease you are at risk of contracting it
- Hormonal changes that may occur in your body may lead to you becoming a victim of the disease.
- If you have suffered from a scalp infection you may get Alopecia as well
- If you are suffering or have been diagnosed with secondary syphilis then you may get the disease
- If you suffer from Iron deficiency you may suffer from hair loss since iron is an important component in hair formation.
- The side effects of radiation and chemotherapy may lead to hair loss and Alopecia.
Symptoms of Alopecia
The primary symptom is the loss of hair in patches and in severe cases complete loss of hair and also loss of body hair.
Treatment of Alopecia
- Hormones modulation if the Alopecia or hair loss is being caused by hormonal changes.
- Surgical options that include scalp reduction and hair transplant
- Wigs are an easy do it yourself form of treatment that can be used to cover the balding head permanently. It is easily available and affordable.
- Medication that is used to enhance the growth of hair.
- Treatment of the underlying condition which is leading to the hair loss. Proper management of these conditions in turn means the hair loss will stop.
Alopecia need not be a hindrance to your life it is a condition that has several treatment and control measures that are affordable and within your reach.
No related posts.