Servings: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 pounds russet potatoes (peeled & cut)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese(shredded)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven at 350 degree F.
- Get a heavy-bottomed saucepan and melt butter on medium-high heat
- Add onions saute until it turn golden brown
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 min
- Add cream, milk, thyme, bay leaves, salt, pepper
- Now add potatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and brim the heat to low.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and discard thyme sprigs and bay leaves.
- Transfer potato mixture to baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and cream has thickened and is bubbling around sides.
- Set it to cool down, serve and enjoy….
No related posts.