One of the fun family activities on Easter is decorating eggs. Besides holding the traditional reason behind it egg painting is very engaging & creative activity that kids love to be part of. Here are a few easy egg decorating tips. But before we jump on it lets get the egg ready first.
Decorate a boiled egg: How to boil egg for decorating?
Put the eggs in a pan and cover it with water and a pinch of salt. Boil for about 10mins and then cover the pan tightly with the lid. Let it sit for about 30mins.
Decorating hollow eggs: How to hollow egg for decorating?
- Take an egg and shake it to break the yolk
- Now push pin and make hole on top of the egg and another hole at the bottom.
make one hole slightly wider than the other.
- Now blow through the smaller whole so that all the yolk and egg white can come out.
- Set the empty egg to dry.
Quick Tip —Always wash hands after handling raw eggs.
Now that your egg is ready for decorating follow the steps below.
- Buy an egg decorating kit! These kits usually consist of several dye pellets, color coded cups, a special egg spoon, and directions to make the dye.
- You can also buy a set of little bottles of food coloring.
- Follow the directions on egg dying kit to make the color ready for dying or mix the food color with some vinegar if you choose to use food color instead.
To make cool patterns and designs you can follow some of these tips:-
- Use crayons to draw different patterns on the egg before coloring.
- You can use rubber bands to cover the egg in patterns before coloring and after dying the egg take off the rubber bands.
- Place stickers on the egg of different patterns and dip the egg in the color. After letting the color dry carefully peel the sticker off and now you have your desired pattern.
- You can also use tape to cover egg in various patterns and dye them. After they dry out remove the tape.
- You can use slightly warm eggs and use crayons to draw and decorate them. The warmth from egg melts the wax on crayon and helps you draw better.
Quick Tip—Do not lay the wet eggs on flat surface for drying. For best results use the wired tray to pace the eggs on or you can even use the emptied egg carton.
No related posts.