Nuclear Energy – Offering Lots of Advantages to Human Beings!
Nuclear energy is the energy of the particles inside an atomic nucleus. The nuclear particles are bound mutually by the powerful nuclear force. Weak nuclear energy offer energy for certain kinds of radioactive decay. The energy of sun is a big example of nuclear energy. The sun and stars are unlimited source of energy which is the result of nuclear reactions in which energy is converted from matter. Nearly about 16% of the world’s electricity is provided by nuclear energy. This energy can be produced naturally and also under human control. Some common example of natural nuclear energy is sun and star makes heat and light by nuclear reaction. A common example of man made nuclear energy is nuclear power plant produce electricity for many cities. In the explosion of atomic and hydrogen bombs man made nuclear reaction also occurs.
Nuclear energy can be produced in 2 different ways such as:
- Fusion is a process which joins the nuclei, happens in stars and sun, and although process is recreated by the man, yet it hasn’t been safely controlled. While ability to harness energy from fusion process is developed, amounts of the usable nuclear energy can dramatically increase.
- Fission that is a splitting of the nuclei, makes more than ten million times energy, which is made in burning of the fossil fuels.
Advantages of Nuclear energy:
- Nuclear energy can produce electricity after oil and coal become inadequate
- Nuclear power plant require less fuel than fossil fuels and consume less energy
- Nuclear power plant does not pollute the environment like coal and oil burning plants
The nuclear energy is renewable that depends on type of the reactor, which is used. At present, there are around 442 reactors operating in world, around 130 of that are in United States. Another twelve are built in the foreign countries. With current technology, just 1% of energy available in the uranium can captured by the thermal reactors. The energy makes between 11% to 18% of total energy accessible in world. The developing technologies, which will allow us to capture more of the available energy, is 15years away, however with the incentives, the advances can be the realistic part of future.
No related posts.
Sites That Link to this Post
- What Is Nuclear Energy | Wind And Solar | July 25, 2011